Thursday, July 10, 2008

Depart Bangkok with an expired passport

Its Airasia promotion again, I was just a click away. So i decided, why wait?


"BANGKOK HERE I COME!"

6 days 5 nights, July 2008

The journey didn't start off very pleasantly. I couldn't believe it, when the airasia check-in officer told me that i couldn't go bangkok because my passport was EXPIRED!



*PS* passport is considered expired 6 months before the expiry date stated on your passport.


Disappointed & hopeless, I thought I would have to take another flight to bangkok after i renew my passport. But THANK GOD!just when i approached the helpful officer at the desk for immigration's number, he asked me what happened & he offered to help.he called the bangkok immigration & told them to approve my entry & there, I finally managed to depart!! though bearing the risk to be sent back & penalized a sum of USD 3,000! I couldn't have a peace of mind throughout the 2.5 hours flight to Bangkok.

At the end, I managed to get through without hassles. The trip meant even more to me after this incident..phew...

2 comments:

banned said...

leng lui tour guide to Bangkok...i want to go also...

Anthony said...

jackpot?